Day one of this home and interior design course covers the same ground as the one-day course, but in greater depth. It will provide you with a sound basic knowledge of interior design and equip you with the tools you need to produce beautiful and cost-effective schemes with confidence. You will learn how to use colour, how to design lighting schemes and how to plan a room of your own. Jo will also look at some of the common and costly mistakes that amateur designers often make — and show you how to avoid them.
On day two you will choose a room from your own home to design under Jo's expert guidance. She will help you put together a mood board, a sample board and will show you how to plan your space effectively.
Complete beginners. For anyone wanting to reinforce a basic knowledge of interior design; for anyone wanting to add a professional finish to a home design project they are working on. This course will also provide a superb base on which to build for anyone interested in an interior design career.
Please note places are strictly limited to 10 only.
THE COURSE WILL COVER:
DAY 1: THEORY AND CONCEPTS
- An introduction to the design process
- Colour theory and how to use colour with confidence
- How to use pattern and texture to balance a scheme
- How to create the right mood and style for you
- Lighting and creating an atmosphere
- Space and planning and scale drawing
- Accessorising your scheme
- Tricks of the design trade — how to get the most out of your designs
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
DAY 2: PRACTICAL
The day will be spent putting the lessons of day one into practice. You will design a room of your own choice under Jo's expert guidance.
All students will be given a concise interior design manual covering the key course topics to take away.
10.30am to 4.30pm
Five-star Central London hotel (exact venue TBC)